Malware is available in several versions, which are mainly distinguished by their propagation method. The two most common forms are viruses and worms. A virus attaches to an existing program in such a way that bad things happen during its execution. Like a biological virus, he can not live without a host. In contrast, a worm is an unrelated program that replicates itself without resorting to a host program. Depending on the form, a worm can spread without any action on the part of the victim. Today, most malware consists of worms rather than viruses. The virus scanning service will scan for viruses at the file system level. When a file is accessed from any protocol, the virus detection service will scan it first, then reject it, and quarantine the file if a virus is detected. Once a file has been scanned with the latest virus definitions, it is not reanalyzed until it is next modified. We will search for malicious programs such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spam, spyware, malware, identity theft, hacking, phishing, fraud and social engineering. These are all strains of particular infections that can attack your computer and yourself.
Click here to download Free Application Scanner
Where a PC virus comes from
Computer viruses are usually hidden in a commonly used program, such as a game or PDF viewer, or you may receive an infected file attached to an email or from another file that you downloaded from Internet. As soon as you interact with the file (launch the program, click on an attachment or open the file), the virus runs automatically. The code can then be copied to other files and make changes to your computer.
A good antivirus product contains tools that will help you plan the time for a normal virus scan. It will monitor your system and look for viruses introduced by email attachments or through actions in your browser, such as when you click on links for download. He will create log reports that will give you information about what he has found and, if possible, try to repair the damage caused by the virus. A comprehensive antivirus protection product will automatically download and install the latest virus definitions before running a scan, ensuring your protection against all known Internet threats. This proactive protection helps you recognize malicious behaviors that signal an attempt to infect your computer and neutralize them from the beginning.
Why you need virus scan
Virus Scan will look for Trojans, viruses, malware and other malicious threats on your website. We check known threats to keep your sites clean and secure, and to ensure that you and your users do not have the infection. The more feature-rich your site is – the more vulnerable it will be to this type of attack – so it’s essential that you have the tools you need to quickly diagnose such issues. An infected website can damage the reputation of any business. Google Search currently reports about 50,000 webpages per week for reasons directly related to a malicious infection. Failure to resolve this type of problem on time can have serious consequences for the user base.
The speed and the ability to perform virus scanning depend on many factors.
- The program itself and how its analysis engine is designed to analyze: use of a signature database vs heuristic analysis to detect suspicious behavior or a combination of both.
- Options to search for spyware, adware, riskware, and potentially unwanted or harmful programs (PUPs).
- Options to analyze memory, boot sectors, registry and alternative data flows (ADS).
- Type of analysis performed: in-depth, fast or personalized analysis.
- What action should be taken when malware is detected?
- The type of operating system installed on the computer.
- Hard disk size of a computer.
- Capacity used by the disk (number of files to include, temporary files) to analyze.
- Types of files (.exe, .dll, .tmp, .sys, .cab, archived, compressed, packaged, e-mail, etc.) that are scanned.
- If external readers are included in the analysis.
- Competition and use of system resources by the scanner.
- Other processes and programs running in the background.
- Interference of malware.
- Interference of the user.
Always keep your device protected
The best way to prevent a virus or other form of malware from infecting your device is to make sure you’re using a reliable antivirus software, that can scan your applications and files for any threats that may try to compromise your device or personal information. RAM Ultimate Antivirus features several types of scans. Open the main application menu and select Scan.
1) Full Scan performs a thorough check of the whole system. By default, the following objects are scanned:
- system memory;
- programs loaded at startup;
- system backup;
- email databases;
- hard drives, removable storage media and network drives.
2) Quick Scan checks the loaded objects at startup of the operating system, system memory and boot sectors. A quick scan may not detect some malware, but it can still tell you about a virus if your computer is infected. The full scan requires much more system time and resources, but it detects all known viruses. We recommend doing a full scan every week. It can be programmed in advance for an appropriate time of the day, for example at night. Do not forget to update antivirus databases regularly because it requires the latest data to detect all the malware on your computer.
3) Custom Scan is an option that checks any file system object selected by the user.